Healthways regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doorman

New
Reaction score
I have an old Healthways regulator, the dual hose type used by Lloyd Bridges in "Sea Hunt". It looks like new and still works, although I've only used it in a shallow swimming pool to clean the bottom. Any suggestions on whom to contact to find it's value? The local dive shop here has some younger employees that have never even seen one before.

doorman:
I have an old Healthways regulator, the dual hose type used by Lloyd Bridges in "Sea Hunt". It looks like new and still works, although I've only used it in a shallow swimming pool to clean the bottom. Any suggestions on whom to contact to find it's value? The local dive shop here has some younger employees that have never even seen one before.

What model is it? If you have a photograph, I could tell you more. The Healthways regs don't generally have the collector value that US Divers and Voit models command. They usually sell (in very good conditon) for around $100-150 on eBay.

You can check on www.vintagescubasupply.com to learn more about the various double hose models. Dan's prices on his rebuilt regs are typically higher than those found on eBay. He does excellent work, as does Bryan of www.vintagedoublehose.com

Greg Barlow

This is a very dangerous regulator that will kill you. So, send it at once to me for proper disposal.

eyebrow

Rick Inman:
This is a very dangerous regulator that will kill you. So, send it at once to me for proper disposal.

eyebrow

And when it kills you have your surviving relatives send it to me. I know the proper method of using such dangerous gear :wink:

My dad and uncle both still have their single hose healthways regulator, they still work but are really used. Sorta cool for a show and tell kinda thing though.

Is the thumb wheel for the Yoke screw inside or outside of the yoke?

They're right you know, these are very dangerous, you should send it to one of us for proper "disposal", before PADI catches you.

Healthways double hosers on ebay generaly bring $100.00 or less. I bought the "new" model in great condtion for $85.00. Vintage scuba is selling one for $395.00. To the right guy he may get it who knows. Early, blue label, regs had a rep for leaving thier owners with a mouth full of water I read some where. The newer, brown label, made from 63-66 were supposed to be pretty decent for a single stage reg. They had a venturi assist simular to the Aqualung Mistral.

jim

This regulator is IDENTICAL to the 1963 - 66 model shown on vintagescubasupply.

If it says "SCUBA Deluxe" on it, it has the venturi. The vintagescubasupply website has the tags mixed up on the two regulators. If it does not, and only says "SCUBA," it is somewhat harder breathing. Both have the same internal mechanism, which will never wear out.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom