Health, Cozumel ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donooo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just returned on Jan 1 from 7 weeks on Cozumel. Since returning my wife has come down with a terrible , itching rash all over her body that seems to be associated with some mosquito bites. In talking to her daughter she found out that both the daughter and son in law that had joined us in Cozumel for the last ten days had the same problem. They live in another city.
The symptoms from the son in law showed up five days into the trip. My wife five days later and the daughter 2 weeks after her husband. I have had no problem. We did not stay in the same locations. We've had different answers from different doctors. Anybody else have a problem ? Anybody else have a suggestion other then "don't get bit" ? Bugs don't like me.
Don't know if this is a health or travel or a Cozumel topic.
adios don O

I bet your prob. is "Sand Fleas". They ate us up some years back. Did you spend much time on the beach, on just diving?

Ron

Sure it could be sand fleas or mosquitos. The probelm is they were carrying something else. Just one person and I wouldn't of said anything ,,,,,,,,,,,, but 3 out of 4.

tnx don O

Your wife may have gotten a secondary infection such as Staph. A dermatologist could determine. There is a similar complaint on the "Medicine" thread, under "Honduras".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom