HEADLINE: NetDoc Deletes Post; Proves Censorship!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgecy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well we know what NetDoc was doing while the site was down. The post titled "Who altered my post?" was completely deleted. Thus, proving the censorship issue! Just wanted to remind all who read it and have questions as to why you keep getting censored or your post moved to obscure areas!

All of my post were deleted and my count is now back to ZERO (will be at 1 with this post).

rgecy

Yes... we know what NetDoc was doing. He was working to get SB back up so that all of those folks who like it here can use this BB for free. Wasn't that nice of him. And now he and Tech Admin can get some much deserved rest.

Good night. :D

3 days worth of posts totaling well over 2500 posts were "deleted", this may have included all of your posts but obviously we can not check what does not exist. I spent well over 24 hours working to restore the site from two different states and I assure you, if the goal had been to delete one post we have much quicker ways of doing it. The only person touching the data during the outage was me so if you wish to accuse someone of creating a huge outage to censor you, by all means, accuse the right person. While you are thinking about this you should also realize that 24 hours of downtime means a lot of costs (support techs, hardware upgrades, etc...) along with a loss of revenue, the last thing on our minds is removing posts secretly.

[ Edit - I confused you with another user and thus part of my post was no longer relevant (talking about that particular issue) so I have removed it ]

This is a moderated board and a part of a privately held company, when we do something we inform the user, there's no secrecy about it (the post is pulled, the user is informed as to why) nor is there any need for it. From where I stand you only have 1 post and thus your claim could be seen as being suspicious (could being the important word), however, as I said before we lost 2500+ posts not counting the several dozen lost in the data corruption its self so you may have had hundreds of posts and been extremely friendly and benevolent, I really don’t know. What I do know is that I’m not going to assume anything about you based on information that was lost in a database failure and I would hope you would do the same to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom