Headlamp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimmer_spe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am wondering if there is a headlamp that would be as bright as my current light, a UK C4 zenon?

I would rather my hands free to take pictures and to operate BC/Drysuit

Have you ever used a headlamp? I have one sitting in my junk box. It was used for precisely one night dive and it had to be one of the most nauseous experiences I ever had. It attracted every creepy crawly small creature around and they covered my mask, crawled under my hood and into my ears.....
Even before it attracted the swarms, the backscatter caused by having the light close to my eyes ruined the vis.

So it really depends where you dive.

Nowadays when I want hands-free I use a glove support for my light. The light is mounted on the back of my hand.

Head lights are also a pain for buddies when you inadvertently look at them and dazzle them.

Hardly suited to diving with a depth rating of 10 meters.

Out of curiosity what is your relationship with Armytek?

---------- Post added September 7th, 2013 at 07:10 AM ----------

Have you ever used a headlamp? I have one sitting in my junk box. It was used for precisely one night dive and it had to be one of the most nauseous experiences I ever had. It attracted every creepy crawly small creature around and they covered my mask, crawled under my hood and into my ears.....
Even before it attracted the swarms, the backscatter caused by having the light close to my eyes ruined the vis.

So it really depends where you dive.

Nowadays when I want hands-free I use a glove support for my light. The light is mounted on the back of my hand.

Head lights are also a pain for buddies when you inadvertently look at them and dazzle them.

Yes and yes, years ago I bought an OMS headlamp, was a nice light but bad idea as headlamp for all the reason you posted, used it for a while on my hand until I sold it.

I picked up a Fox Fury "Signature Scuba" headlamp in a 2-for-1 type of deal when I needed a new headlamp for work. I have yet to dive with it but it's good to 45m. It's primarily green with 4 blue LED's. Apparently it's not supposed to disturb marine life. We'll see, I don't have high hopes but it was free so I might as well. I'll post a report once I actually get in the water with it.

I hope you are planning to use it solo. A buddy with such a light is about as obnoxious as it gets.

Pete

Reactions: RJP
Don't kid yourself. I have one of this type of light for camping use. OK for a toy or small task, hardly worth it for any thing that needs durability and run time. And I beg this is one of those make in China light. They sell this for $100 RMB there, which is like $20 USB

Seems to have been an increase in spamming of late particularly in the light threads, ok I'm exaggerating a little, there's been like two but one of them was popping up everywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom