Heading to the Islands with a kid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Busdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Howdy all,

My wife and I are heading to Maui, Oahu, and Kauai at the end of March. I am blessed to have a conference on Oahu and want to add a little before and after enjoyment. We will at the Hyatt on Maui for our first few days. We both enjoy diving but due to the little one we cannot go together (until Kauai when additional family will be joining us).

The goal is to do a few shore dives here and there until Kauai when we can cut loose and do some diving. Any suggestions? I was going to pay the DM at the Hyatt to do a shore dive with me and then do one with the wife so we could both get wet. I have no clue what I can do for Oahu.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Oh, I hear water temps are in the mid 70's. I will getting up early for an 8 am dive tomorrow to hit 34 degree water. God bless a dry suit and an image of the warm tropical hawaiian water to keep me going.

Aloha,

Bus

Yeah it's gonna suck to dive in water 40+ degrees warmer than you're used to :)

Give Kidspot a shout here, he dives a lot from shore.

mind the folks that tell you about not diving the afternoons because of the winds.

Where are you going on Kauai?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom