Heading to Provo - couple questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Blue don't have a regular night dive schedule but will certainly run a trip with minimum 6 divers....also weather dependant as the north shore where the night diving is done can be pretty ****ty on a heavy swell or northerly wind.
On another note....had a absolutely fantastic day out on the water today...lots of eagle rays activity at Sandbore Channel followed by a Humpback whale encounter on the way back to the dock...managed to get in the water to snorkel with our guests and must have been with the whale for a good hour or so...he was so interested in us & did a few barrel rolls & waves....anyway here is a little teaser photo. Needless to say we didn't get back to the dock til 4.30 but who cares....the experience was well worth the late finish. Here's hoping we have many more days like today's!!

Attachments

• Humpback.jpg
    Humpback.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 59
That is so awesome.

That is amazing!! I can only hope we are lucky enought to have something like that happen while we are there! Would you please speak to the whale and ask him to hang around for a few weeks.

Randy

Does anyone know the best area for spotting pelagics and what dive shops go there?

We saw sharks on almost every dive off West Caicos, in Sandborne Channel and off French Cay. I know for a fact that Caicos Adventures, Dive Provo and Flamingo Divers head out that way every day. I'm pretty sure that Provo Turtle Divers and Big Blue head that way weather permitting.

We were out at French Cay today but it was rather quiet for big life today...just a couple of turtles. Had a HUGE dolphin on the dive at West Caicos a couple of days ago and also more whales yesterday at Pine Cay. Heard also that a 5 whales were seen on the north shore up towards North West Point yesterday.

I'm counting the days - I've actually been watching the wind patterns as well. I'm hoping for the east wind based on the sites but which sites are still diveable if the wind is coming out of the north?

If the wind is from the north then French Cay, West Caicos and North West Point from the south side are usually best sites. Trust the captain & he/she should know where to go. Also if the wind/weather means you have to go to the same place a few times don't be dissappointed...I have dived the same sites over & over again & always seen something different every time...the dive site is only a name...things move around!

4 days and counting

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom