Heading to Key Largo, besides diving, what to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMarine

Reaction score
I will be heading to Key Largo this Fri. I was wondering if anyone has any recommended establishments, places I can relax and get some good decompression fluid. I'm still just a squirt, only 24, so if you know of a nice place I might enjoy others company I would appreciate any ideas. Also when im not diving, so like after 6 each evening what else is there to do?

find a nice place outside by the water that serves Newcastle on draft and swill a few?

you're in a tropical paradise - isnt that enough?

oh yeah, there is always Sally's shells if you get bored....

See if you can locate a band by the name of Big Dick and the Extenders ... guaranteed party ensues. Fail that, head for the Tiki Bar down in Islamorada.

The Islamorda Fish Market is a good place to eat. Nothing fancy or anything, just relaxing to eat fish on the docks while the sun sets. Good place to watch the sun set also. Also around that time they feed all the "scraps" to the sharks right off the docks. The sharks and the tarpon's come in about an hour before "trolling" for dinner. Interesting to watch. (not exactly the bar scene, but fun none the less).

ScubaMarine:
I will be heading to Key Largo this Fri. I was wondering if anyone has any recommended establishments, places I can relax and get some good decompression fluid. I'm still just a squirt, only 24, so if you know of a nice place I might enjoy others company I would appreciate any ideas. Also when im not diving, so like after 6 each evening what else is there to do?

Hobo's for happy hour, Fish House for dinner!

The Tiki Bar as suggested. Senor Frijoles is a good Mexican place, the Fish House. Just a few that comes to mind.

A fishing rod, a dozen shrimps, a spot on the shore and a six pack makes for an unpredictable evening. It might be quiet and relaxed or it could be exciting, depending on what the fish want to do.

The Tiki Bar of which they speak is undoubtedly the one at Holiday Isle. Live band nightly, and interesting gyrations along with the libations. Wear islandwear- it's outdoors. Very fun place, choose a spot by the fans.

Big Dick and the Extenders? :laughing: Am I the only one without any class here? 'Cause that's funny, I don't care who you are. Sorry I missed them.

And some of the most fun I had in the Keys was watching Fabio (or perhaps he was a lifelike fascimile?) kiteboarding like a maniac for a mere 45 minutes or so. That was awe-inspiring. :sigh: Highly recommended for the non-voyeuristically-challenged female, and obviously excellent excercise, to boot! Win-win.

Hope you had fun in Key Largo!

Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom