Heading to Jamaica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear this we actually are staying at Ocho Rios I am very much looking to this trip. Any thing we should be on the look out for ? Anything to be careful of ?

Glad to hear this we actually are staying at Ocho Rios I am very much looking to this trip. Any thing we should be on the look out for ? Anything to be careful of ?

My only caution, and this is second hand, is that the reefs around Ocho Rios may not be as healthy as those in Negril.

Have a great time, we're on our way to Negril in December.

Since you are going to be in Ochi, an option would be Sharkies. i haven't dived with them as yet, but have heard of people who have and they seemed pleased. It's my plan to in the near future. Give them a call before and see if they can meet your needs.

Attachments

• IMG_20190511_1741580.jpg
    IMG_20190511_1741580.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20190511_1741580.jpg
    IMG_20190511_1741580.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 51
Montego? Forget about diving. Just order drinks and enjoy the pool/beach. Any scuba on the north coast pretty much sucks.

Ibj40 I have been watching some videos from others who have been there (youtube) it doesn't look too bad but then again these dives will be the first Caribbean Dive for me and my daughter so its still better than most of the places we've been lol.

Montego? Forget about diving. Just order drinks and enjoy the pool/beach. Any scuba on the north coast pretty much sucks.

Enjoying the pool and drinks are on the list I'd much rather be in the water blowing bubbles than hanging out at the pool...

I live in Kingston and haven't dived the north coast recently, but just last night I was talking with a friend who has a dive operation in Kingston and he said I need to go dive Portland as it has made a remarkable turnaround. I've heard similar stories from other divers recently, so it seems the fish sanctuaries they have set up are making a difference even quicker than they anticipated.
Sounds promising, so it's possible you may get some decent dives in.

Enjoying the pool and drinks are on the list I'd much rather be in the water blowing bubbles than hanging out at the pool...

I would agree if it was included in the price of your resort. Otherwise, I'd save my money for a place with good scuba.

Yes its included in the price of the resort and its also more of a family vacation than a dive vacation. With that said I am looking to get into more of the good diving in the near future but have to keep the wife and kids happy as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom