Heading to Jamaica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Klieb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone give me ideas on where to dive places to get tanks boats Ect it will be my first trip here involving diving so any help would be wonderful. We are going to be staying at the Grand Palladium lady Hamilton Resort.

Can anyone give me ideas on where to dive places to get tanks boats Ect it will be my first trip here involving diving so any help would be wonderful. We are going to be staying at the Grand Palladium lady Hamilton Resort.

What area is that?

The Point,Lucea (Hanover), Lucea, Jamaica Basically Montego Bay

I wish I could help you out. We've been going to Jamaica since 2003, and drive right past that resort (it was actually under construction the first trip we took) to our resort in Negril. In general, we have seen improvement in the diving in the Negril area every time we have gone, as the reefs were already healthy, and the fish populations continue to grow.

Is there an on-site dive op at your resort?

I wish I could help you out. We've been going to Jamaica since 2003, and drive right past that resort (it was actually under construction the first trip we took) to our resort in Negril. In general, we have seen improvement in the diving in the Negril area every time we have gone, as the reefs were already healthy, and the fish populations continue to grow.

Is there an on-site dive op at your resort?

Negril is the only place down there I was at as well. 2010 was the first year.

I wasn't that impressed. Is it a lot better now?

Negril is the only place down there I was at as well. 2010 was the first year.

I wasn't that impressed. Is it a lot better now?

As I noted, we first dove Negril in 2003, then 2008, 2013, and 2015. Will be heading down there this December.

On every trip, we have seen improvements in the diving.

Granted, it's not Cozumel or any of the "trademark" great dive destinations, but we also go there for the other attractions that the island has to offer.

I think we are kinda settling on the Sandals resort because it does include a 2 tank dive daily from "their boats " but I wasn't sure if there wasn't something better that the members here may have found.

I think we are kinda settling on the Sandals resort because it does include a 2 tank dive daily from "their boats " but I wasn't sure if there wasn't something better that the members here may have found.

We stay at Couples Negril, and will be diving with the on-site dive op. They also include two dives per day. We've used off-site dive ops a couple of times, but you can not beat the on-site at Couples.

If the Negril area is your choice, check out Couples.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom