Heading to Islamorada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dep1466

Reaction score
I'm heading to Islamorada in the first part of Dec. I am looking at different dive operators down there. Anyone know which is the best. There will be 4 or 5 of us diving and probably a couple of snorkelers. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

DiverDave76 once bubbled...
Dove with Lady Cyanna several years ago. They did a great job.

Dave

Lady Cyana is no longer in business. Divers City is good and Ocean Quest is OK also. http://www.oceanquestdivecenter.com

Tavernier Dive Center and Florida Keys Dive Center is/are also OK.

... and am diving with Ocean Quest Dive center. I checked around for motels, and then got a pretty good deal on a Condo on the north end of Islamorada. I'm really looking forward to it. Will be doing an AOW checkout with the guys at Ocean Quest while I'm there.

We should be driving north as you are heading south, as were leaving on Saturday the 30th first thing in the morning.

Lady Cyana website is recommending Holiday Isle, anyone had any experience with them. I've heard good things of Lady Cyana, but dont know anyone that has dove with Holiday Isle.

And is Divers City in Islamarado? We already have rooms booked in Islamorado, so the closer the better. Plan on doing a lot of drinking after the diving. Dont want it to be too hard to find the way home.

Diver City is a small hole in the wall outfit that rocks! Barb has everything that an experienced diver needs. Steel tanks, deep dive (even did a night dive on the Duane) and will take you to the Spiegel Grove.

The boat is not large but nice. I have never been crowed by over loading her boat. The crew insist on carry all your gear (which you have already set up) to and from the boat.

If you are in Islamorada, Diver City is at approximately MM110. Only a short distance up the highway. Dive with Barb and tell her Bill sent you! (I doubt she will remember who I am but my wife and I drove 60 miles round trip for several days just to dive with her).

BILLB once bubbled...
Diver City is a small hole in the wall outfit that rocks! Barb has everything that an experienced diver needs. Steel tanks, deep dive (even did a night dive on the Duane) and will take you to the Spiegel Grove.

The boat is not large but nice. I have never been crowed by over loading her boat. The crew insist on carry all your gear (which you have already set up) to and from the boat.

If you are in Islamorada, Diver City is at approximately MM110. Only a short distance up the highway. Dive with Barb and tell her Bill sent you! (I doubt she will remember who I am but my wife and I drove 60 miles round trip for several days just to dive with her).

No no no no, Divers City moved down to MM 90.5 (19.5 miles south from MM 110). The boat is an Island Hopper 30'. They never put more than 10 divers onboard.

http://www.diverscityusa.com

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom