Heading to Belize for the first time, where to stay, who to dive with

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i just come down to ambergis caye from playa del carmen , travelled by car to corozal, then flew over, great and not exspensive. diving is spectacular, lots more fish life than cozumel excellent reef formation. there are lots of hotels which are not exspensive but im stayin at pedros which is like a hostel very comfortable and cheap.some dive stores charge around $100 for two tanks others $75 so best to check but they are good and professional. i cant say to much more as its all been said but youll have a blast. enjoy

Hey All: Been to Caye Caulker 3 times...Heading out Mar. 18th for my fourth time!!!!! Only reason to go to Ambergris Caye is .....uhhhmmm...Heck ..Why go toAmbergris Caye if you can stay on Caye Caulker? Difference of night and day....A.C =Noisy,Busy,Messy(San Pedro) Caye Caulker = Kick back..Relax...Chill....Now..Go DIVE! No cars on CC,Just Golf Carts and Bikes! Wait a minute!!! What am I doing? Never mind what Ijust said...Maybe I'll run into you on A.C. if I MUSTgo there for some reason (tho I dont know what it could be) Medeepdiver

Wife and I are heading down next month for dual purpose this time. Dive and look for property to purchase. We won't buy this trip as it is more of a scouting trip for future decision making.

We'll look over AC but are more interested on Placencia and Dangriga. Punta Gordo is maybe a little too laid back but we'll look there too.

Any knowledgable suggestions?

I enjoyed diving with Belize Diving Services on Caye Caulker. I can't remember the name of the guest house I stayed at there, but it was extremely reasonable ( < $10/night) and certainly adequate for my needs (but I'm a backpacker or traveler type).

You probably know this, but the reef is a long way out at Placencia and Dangriga.

Back
Top Bottom