Heading South

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick2

Reaction score
going to Miami for a few days and have booked a trip with South Beach Divers to go to Key Largo (Molasses Reef, etc.) Will be traveling with my wife and daughters who don't dive but will give snorkeling a try. Any suggestions on eatery's or sites to check out would be appreciated. Also any input on Biscayne Bay dives would sure be interesting, my cert. is basic open water. Thanks and safe diving to all. Rick2

There are no bad restaurants in Key Largo. At least none that I've found so far. I haven't been to all of them yet, but I'm working on it! If you like seafood, the Fish House/Encore can't be beat. There's no view, but its one of the most popular spots for a reason. If you're looking for great and cheap, Marlin's has a Cuban sandwich that's unbelievable. Again no view, but locals go there. If you want to be where the action is, check out Hobo's when the cars are packed out to the street. If you have a big appetite and a big liking, Ballyhoo's has all you can eat stone crab. Places with a good view and decent food: Sundowner's, Snapper's, and Alabama's Jacks (an out of the way place off Card Sound road). These come to mind off the top of my head, hopefully others will chime in with more suggestions.

Happy Eating!

Thanks for the "appetizers", love to follow up good dives with good food. Lookin' forward to checking out Marlins-sounds good! Thanks again. Rick

Rick2:
Thanks for the "appetizers", love to follow up good dives with good food. Lookin' forward to checking out Marlins-sounds good! Thanks again. Rick
Take the family snorkleing in John Pennecamp State Park. It's a great site, you can spend the day there, and it's cheap!

In Miami Beach, right near the dive shop, is Lincoln Road. A nice place to hang out and there are restaurants all over the place. You can also go to Ocean Drive, where you will have an oceanview.

Excellent time in Fl., thank you all who responded with tips, everyone of them were right on!!! The Fish House was appreciated by the whole family. We went out with Ocean Divers through South Beach Divers and dove (the wife and girls snorkeled) on Molasses Reef and the Railroad wreckage. A great time and dive.

Good thing I dive better than I utilize this computer. Anyways I'll continue; Lincoln Road, The Deco Area, 11th St. dinner and some Italian restaurant, whose name escapes me, were a ball. The Bayside Mall was a hit with the ladys and we all enjoyed the Spanish Market. Sunday I dove with RJ dive charter in Miami, we did the Belcher Barge and the Tug Boat as well as a reef off Miami, again, the conditions were great and not a single down side. Miami Beach was a gas and I'll be back. Thanks for all the tips and safe and happy diving. Rick 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom