Heading out on Aquatic Safaries noon dive on the Hyde Sat 23rd.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jlpskydive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody else doing the same? Or can anybody give me a Wilmington dive conditions report? I know last weekend it was REALLY rough and pretty much everything got canceled.

Well it looks like I will be hitting the Quarry this weekend instead........ Mother nature has said no to diving Wilmington this weekend..... CRAP, CRAP, CRAP.... Now where to????

I am down here right now and the last word I had was that we were going out... Mind you, smaller boat... My understanding is the swells are at 3-4' but steep and close...! May take a beating going out!

If we make it out, I will post tomorrow evening...

lee

Well, we made it out and I don't believe any other boat went out... Sea's were not too bad but we cut the trip short due to an engine problem. We were going for 2 dives and the first being the Hyde. Weather was good enough to make a run for the ledges (maybe) but we pushed that dive off until tomorrow.

With the engine giving us issues we went and dove the "Liberty" which was a poor dive altogether with bad vis, @ 8' and some current... Doug (divingcarolina.com) was able to get another boat and our plans is for the ledges tomorrow (Sunday)

Best to all, lee

We booked it down to Murrells Inlet and dove Goldfinch Reef toady. We were also the only boat out and it was ROUGH on the way out! I really don't get sea sick, but I did today (a little). Vis was about 15 feet and the water was pretty warm, no current until we cleared the far end of the wreck and man it surprised me. Quickly made a U turn and got back behind the ship and all was good again. Bait balls coming over the hull looked like a fish waterfall at times. I enjoyed it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom