Heading Down to South Soon - Lock Your Doors! (Hahaha)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting replies.

Regarding Koh Tao dive sites, I have only dived 6 of 20+. I was not motivated to spend cash on 20+, sorry.

6 dives at Koh Tao and an authority already -impressive.

6 dives at Koh Tao and an authority already -impressive.

Hey Mase,

You are on the verge of breaking SB TOS rules.

Did I say I was "an authority"....? I simply expressed my opinion after diving there, which I am certainly entitled too. However, you are not entitled to personally attack me (or anyone) or attack my credibility (or anyone's) if you disagree. These are the SB TOS. If you have your own experiences in Koh Tao, you can certainly post them to compare and contrast, Mase. But you cannot attack or insult others because they have an opinion different than yours. These are SB TOS rules.

Would you like for me to cut-and-paste the SB TOS so you can review them?

Wondering what happened to funrecdiver on August 28th...

August 26th:

Absolutely, without a doubt, the "dive center atmosphere" here is really great and the people here are really "dive focused" in a good way.

So far, Koh Tao is a great place. I really like the vibe, the people and many things about the island. Have met some very good people, absolutely.

August 27th:

I love this place!!! Not for the "visibility" but for the easy atmosphere for beginning OW students to embark on their life long diving dream and journey! Wow! What an amazing place!

So far, the diving is over rated, but the dive vibe and social atmosphere is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!

Today we watched a student cry in joy as she completed her contained water dives, happy she overcame her fears and was able to embark on her diving journey.

I am hooked!!

August 28th....... ???

August 29th:

Koh Tao is certainly "cool" and "trendy" and "hip" but the diving to date has not been impressive.

Don't get me wrong, it's not "bad" but it is "bad enough" that I am close to packing the dive bags and heading over to the Andaman side, or back to Pattaya.

I feel like I am in an "aquarium with not much fish" and a "zero to hero factory" after the kids get bored with "full moon parties"...

It seems like a kind of sterile diving theme park with safe blue water for mommy and daddy's children to get cert cards and have a great time on their vacations.

I have meet some very nice people, but the diving, so far, s***s compared to my last 50 dives in Pattaya with amazing wrecks, outer island reefs full of life and great dive boats without the "sell you another cert" dive factory mentality.

By the way, I have logged 1500 dives and never seen anyones mask ripped off by a current, so am I inexperienced? :D

I have drafted a post called"

"My Experience at a Koh Tao Dive Factory'

... which I am sitting on for 24 to 48 hours.

The review will not identify the dive center (I have a personal policy not to name names when feedback is negative) and it will have a disclaimer that this post does not attempt all or any other dive center.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Why all the snarkiness?

Everyone has a right to their opinion and you have the right to agree or disagree.

In the process, you don't need to flame each other. Rather, just tell us about your experience and how it was different.

Continued fighting will result in thread bans.

Thank you.

I think one of the "problems" with us "Thailand Forum" posters is that we have developed a "Thai boxing attitude" while living here and just love to pick a fight. For the people on stage watching the fight it all looks pretty mean and dangerous but for the guys in the ring it's merely a fun-game where they test each-others skills and strength and at the end shake hands and walk out of the ring with a smile on their face.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The world is watching and people are reporting these posts.

Enough is enough.

If you must discuss this, please use site support.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom