Heading back 2 Dutch from da'burgh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylm74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be heading back out to Dutch Springs on Sept 10-12. I realize that is a few weeks away but I'm bringing my wife this time and everything has to be coordinated to perfection with her.....else the trip will be doomed for disaster. We will be there early on Friday. If anyone would like to do some diving, let me know. I can't wait to get back out to some clearer water. The quarry we dive in here is pretty silty and visibility is about 5-10ft max. I will be ready for some diving, relaxation and maybe a few stogies and might even crack open a beer :eyebrow: Hope to get to meet some more of you guys and maybe dive with the few that I got to dive with last time.

PS:
I am working on my advanced so if anyone is a PADI instructor, I could use a deep and a night dive and maybe a wreck dive? I have already completed my drysuit, which I will definitely be diving in, and my navigation.

.....do I stink or something???

I'm doing my AOW course at Dutch the weekend of 11-12. I'll PM you with my LDS info, if you want.....

How early is early? I will be in Dutch that weekend. First trip for me. Will be tied up from noon Friday on, with another class. Be glad to say hi, if nothing else.

Sounds like you have been diving Mount Storm?

Probably have seen you there.

Mike

darylm74:
I will be heading back out to Dutch Springs on Sept 10-12. I realize that is a few weeks away but I'm bringing my wife this time and everything has to be coordinated to perfection with her.....else the trip will be doomed for disaster. We will be there early on Friday. If anyone would like to do some diving, let me know. I can't wait to get back out to some clearer water. The quarry we dive in here is pretty silty and visibility is about 5-10ft max. I will be ready for some diving, relaxation and maybe a few stogies and might even crack open a beer :eyebrow: Hope to get to meet some more of you guys and maybe dive with the few that I got to dive with last time.

PS:
I am working on my advanced so if anyone is a PADI instructor, I could use a deep and a night dive and maybe a wreck dive? I have already completed my drysuit, which I will definitely be diving in, and my navigation.

I will be there around noon, so won't be able to catch ya then. Actually I haven't been to Mount Storm yet. I just got back into diving this year and all of my dives this year have been either at Dutch Springs, Strawberry Quarry or Grand Caymen Islands. I have also been working on my AOW so hopefully get some of it done at Dutch that weekend. I will also be at Bainbridge for Splash Water Sport's (www.splashws.com) Haunted Quarry. Well hopefully catch ya there. I hope to be there all weekend. Thanks

darylm74:
I will also be at Bainbridge for Splash Water Sport's (www.splashws.com) Haunted Quarry.

Haunted Quarry? sounds like fun. Bainbridge can be alittle spookey for night dives. especially if associated with a few TMI tales.

Wasn't thinking, worked to many hours doing a system upgrade these past two weekends. The Bainbridge Haunted Quarry is the first weekend in October. It is a charity dive. If interested check out the website I listed earlier.

Duh never mind, wrong weekend! There were a few Dutch posts up, just replied to the wrong one.

Well I just got a call tonight requesting that I had to work next Saturday the 11th, so it looks like I won't be heading to Dutch until uhm, probably close to beginning of November now. Guess I did such a good job of cleaning up after our system upgrades while I was on call and so forth that they want me there for some other upgrades, so.......I am now going to be working *sigh*, at least I won't be on call. Maybe I'll screw something up so the on call person gets the 3am pages this time......Well hope some of you are diving in late October and early November......I'm dying to get back to Dutch and at the very least hope to be there for the New Year's dive. On another note, we're doing the Haunted Quarry at Bainbridge on the first weekend of October and I am definitely going to be there for that since my local LDS is sponsering it, so maybe some of you guys would like to join in?????? Catch ya on the flip side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom