Headed to Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ciret

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've got a work project in the Miami Lakes area and am wondering where/who the good dive shop and charter ops in the area are. It will probably take me a couple of weeks to get organized, but then I'm thinkin' I'd like to get some diving in. Any advice or comments will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

ciret:
I've got a work project in the Miami Lakes area and am wondering where/who the good dive shop and charter ops in the area are. It will probably take me a couple of weeks to get organized, but then I'm thinkin' I'd like to get some diving in. Any advice or comments will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Do a search. I just posted a review on Miami. In short, try Tarpoon Dive Lagoon.

Where you are going in Miami Lakes, you can take the Crawlmetto over to 95, go north a little to 595, scoot over to US1, go north to SE17th Street, hop over the bridge and dive with American Dream out of the Pier 66 marina.
Dive shop-wise, lots of guys down in Miami make the trek to Fill Express off Copans Road (I95 exit - head east to Dixie Highway then south a little) even though there are many other dive shops much closer.
Tarpoon never did much to thrill me; H20 sold their boat - but feel free to check them out. Some people may recommend Brownies up there off SE17th Street - this is a shop that also leaves me a little less than enthused.
You may love all three of these operations and find Fill Express to be akin to visiting the dentist - visit them all and make up your own mind. Everyone has a website now, so do a little research, planing and travel and have a great time.
You will like American Dream though.
Oh, and leave the cheesehead hat at home.

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions. The first couple of weeks I will be coming in on Mon and leaving on Fri, so I don't think I'll have much time for extracurricular activities. But I should have time for some internet research.
Thanks again,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom