headed for nassau in a couple weeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should find lots of info on our Caribbean forum...

:zorros: don

diverdan1020:
Retired diving instructor form Seattle,Looking for some advice on diver operators Places to dive and where to eat in nassau.
I ate at a place called "Johnny Canoe's", it's over in the Cable Beach area. Food was great, and they have a Junkaroo ( Bahamian version of Carnivale) band in full costume with drums, horns etc that dance through the restaurant like once an hour. They alos have a house band. CCall when you get to the island and see about reservations, it's hard to get into, and was packed when we went last Feb.
I was there doing a Liveaboard on Blackbeard's Cat Ppalu ( currently booking a trip with them for next year) so I can't help with the local dive operators.
C-Dawg

diverdan1020:
Retired diving instructor form Seattle,Looking for some advice on diver operators Places to dive and where to eat in nassau.
have you ever been to Malta

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Vtdiver2:
I ate at a place called "Johnny Canoe's", it's over in the Cable Beach area. Food was great, and they have a Junkaroo ( Bahamian version of Carnivale) band in full costume with drums, horns etc that dance through the restaurant like once an hour.

I second the recommendation for Johnny Canoes! Ate there both nights of our vacation there and dined al fresco. Lots of fun!

For the most part, its apparently down to two operators on New Providence, Stuart Cove and Bahama Divers. We dove with both and noted that Bahama Divers runs mixed snorkel and dive trips mostly to locations on the north side of the island. Stuart Cove is located on the SW side of the island (but offers free shuttles to/from any resorts including those on Paradise Island) The best dive sites are on this side of the island along a mile deep trench known as "The Tongue of the Ocean" which lies between New Providence and Andros.

Stuart Cove is a big operator and runs lots of boats and their specialty is the shark feeding dives. I would recommend one of these along with the DPV wall flying dives (which take a max of 6 divers). Other than these two adventure dives and the occasional out island safari ( 3 tank all day trip to Andros) it is hit or miss as to the grouping of the divers (number, skill levels, etc)

Back
Top Bottom