Head over Heels

Ankle Weightses

• Stop being a sissy and dive some more, you'll get the hang of it.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Stop being a snob... if the neoprene wants to float, you need something to counteract that.

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of fins do you use? When I had neoprene booties and splits, I used ankle weights. As soon as I switched to rock boots and Turtles, the problem stopped and the ankle weights have been dry.

Glad to see Rick finally asked teh question, I was getting worried. Jet fins or Turtle fins will make a big help. they're quite heavy on their own and will probably allow you to ditch the ankle weights.

I say try ankle weights 1 lb each; they make so much difference with me. Also depends on the leg fat/muscle composition and center of gravity. Before I got proper ankle weigths, I attached 1 lb weighs to my ankles via old rubber knife straps and they worked excellent.

I use ankle weights with my dry suit. You won't even notice the weight while diving.

Back
Top Bottom