HD Video with Canon S95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bugeye, here are some of my S95 videos I have uploaded---click below link(all but the last one--on page 2--are shot with the S95).....I'm using one Inon 550W lite right now, soon will add a 2nd one for (hopefully) better videos......

Vimeo, Video Sharing For You

Thanks Diver 85 ... I clicked the link but couldn't see any dive videos.

I just got back from a trip to Palau using my new S-95 rig for both still and video. I'm impressed with it. Yeah re-focus with the video would be nice.
I also used my new Inon Le-550w video light and was pretty impressed for the output from such a small light. It's dosn't put out as much lite as the sola 800 put it was really close to the sola 600 one of my buddies was using.The sola beam was a bit wider but not as bright ( and I don't know if he had a full charge on it). For strobe I'm using the S-2000 which I've had for a while. I prefer the color spectrum of Inons strobes/lights to Ikelites, it's warmer.
Once you start adding trays and arms and such you might actually want more buoyancy so skip the case weight.
Have fun I did! Can't wait for the next trip!

Hi dirtfarmer ... any videos from your Palau trip to share? I'd love to see some night footage with s95 and a proper video light.

Bugeye, here are some of my S95 videos I have uploaded---click below link(all but the last one--on page 2--are shot with the S95).....I'm using one Inon 550W lite right now, soon will add a 2nd one for (hopefully) better videos......

Vimeo, Video Sharing For You

Can't see the video. Is it an underwater one?

Bugeye, I actually don't have any night video. I was an idiot and didn't do any night dives in Palau.( I've been kicked in the head on night dives way to much, and I should get over it) There is some night videos on youtube with the Inon 550w and I think they are shot with a S-95.

Bugeye, I actually don't have any night video. I was an idiot and didn't do any night dives in Palau.( I've been kicked in the head on night dives way to much, and I should get over it) There is some night videos on youtube with the Inon 550w and I think they are shot with a S-95.

Haha ... I know what you mean. My last Komodo trip was the first time I've ever really enjoyed a night dive but now I'm a convert!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom