HAZWOPER/OSHA 1910.120 physical?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Toes

Contributor
Reaction score
sorry if i've posted this in the wrong forum but...

anybody in the hazmat/demolition fields out there? does anybody know where to get this done in san diego? it's apparently an OSHA physical satisfying requirement 1910.120. need to get this done in a hurry for an u/w demo job right around the corner. and no, i'm told that DAN doesn't do this...

please pm me if you've got any insight. thanks for any help.

We get one every year - it's our standard physical exam (which is a plain vanilla exam with a chest x-ray, as well as a VO2max test). For us on the HazMat team they addd a 24 hour urine screen for heavy metals.

OSHA mandates a baseline entry physical and annually thereafter. The cost is to be borne by the employer, not you, and the records preserved for something like 30 years after your employment ends. You can see the records at any time.

Unless you're the employer, bidding on a job? Employing yourself, I mean.

In the case of the latter, a physician who does Occupational Health should be able to handle a baseline, just refer them to 1910.120 (f).

Good luck!

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom