Hayfever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebunnie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I sometimes suffer from hayfever which responds well to treatment, however has never been an issue whilst diving as I have never really dived in England. Most of my diving has been in tropics where I am not allergic to the plants, or in Egypt where there is no pollen anyway.

I have been suffering a bit with it this week and was planning to go diving over the next couple of weekends.

I usually take zirtek and am wondering what the recommendations are regarding this in combination with diving.

Cheers

I occasionaly use Alevert or over the counter Clariton during those 1 to 2 pesky months with no ill side effects. If I'm not up to it though, I don't dive.

Stay away from Pollen underwater silly..but try Benadryl..

Me too. Its worse here than back in the UK. They don't have the same agrochemicals and so all those lovely old wild flowers and so on are here but dead in England.....

I find the filtered air used in Scuba is a relief since the pollen etc is not present.

As everyone says - use an anti-hystamine and don't dive if you still show symptoms.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom