Hawaiin holiday - Oahu.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Well - we're back from our trip to Hawaii. All in all it was great fun and I got to meet JustLeesa and Turtleguy. I haven't got all the pics ready yet but here are a few:

229203.jpg

Meet Mr Frogfish - I met him doing a dive on the wreck of the Sea Tiger with Turtleguy.

229206.jpg

Hawaii is full of turtles - and I just love turtles.

229207.jpg

I'll have to learn how to bribe the fish so that they swim towards me - rather than away!!

229201.jpg

I'm still jet lagged but I'll make a full trip report in the Hawaii forum in a couple of days. Suffice to say - we had a great time.

I haven't cleaned up all the pics yet - but there are a few more in my gallery.

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the wreck :D next time you come I hope I don't have a bug.
Did you see our picture? I posted it here

justleesa:
Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the wreck :D next time you come I hope I don't have a bug.
Did you see our picture? I posted it here
Oh yeah! Good pictures :D Was that the turtle you were telling me about??

justleesa:
Oh yeah! Good pictures :D Was that the turtle you were telling me about??
Yes - that was the turtle. I saw a lot more than the one though - that was one thing I really liked in Hawaii as I am very fond of turtles. It was a shame that you were under the weather and when we come again I hope that you'll be up for the dives - as I told you, I could dive the Sea Tiger again and again and again and again!!!!!

KimLeece:
I could dive the Sea Tiger again and again and again and again!!!!!

I have to agree. But with one caveat...dive Nitrox...the dive time on air is ridiculously short for such a diverse dive site! Knowing what I know now I would choose an operator based on Nitrox and the ability to stay down according to my computer. Don't know if that is even available, but that is what I would want! If I could do two dives in a row there, all the better.

Maybe next June on the way back for Sister's wedding DH and I might have to stop and coerce leesa & turtleguy to take us out again!

Yes you are correct. I haven't downloaded my dive profiles yet so I'm not sure but EAN36 would probably give you at least 10 mins more (although I'd probably need a slightly bigger tank than the AL80 as well!) From a cursory glance at the tables you'd then only need an SI of 45 mins to get back to group A with an RNT of 12 mins which would effectively allow you to do another dive as if you were diving air with no RNT. (I hope I got this right - I'm very jet-lagged!!)

KimLeece:
Yes you are correct. I haven't downloaded my dive profiles yet so I'm not sure but EAN36 would probably give you at least 10 mins more (although I'd probably need a slightly bigger tank than the AL80 as well!) From a cursory glance at the tables you'd then only need an SI of 45 mins to get back to group A with an RNT of 12 mins which would effectively allow you to do another dive as if you were diving air with no RNT. (I hope I got this right - I'm very jet-lagged!!)

Don't have my tables or computer with me, but pretty sure you don't want 36% on the Sea Tiger...I had a max depth of 35m...I think the max with 32% is 35m and that's COD, not MOD? I guess maybe 36% if you stayed up? Can't remember what the top of the wreck is in...

I think the deck is about 27 meters - I had a max of 32 I thought - but as I said I didn't look at the profiles from my computer yet so I'm not sure. For sure if you go right to the bottom it'll change a few things so maybe EAN32 would be the limit - I'll be able to work it out better later - but anyway, nitrox would help!!

32 is a good mix for the Sea Tiger -- that's what I used when I was there in March, then did 36 on the second dive to the shallow Kaiser Reef. Gotta love the feeling of more oxygen on those dives! I wasn't even tired after them.

Oh, and nice frogfish! The dark ones really suck up the light from the strobe, but you managed to get a nice exposure on it with an excellent background.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom