Hawaiian vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, going to Maui and would like to make a few dives with new divers. Anyone familiar with what fish we can spear? Boat dives better or can we do shore entries? Love any help. Thanks, Tamara

Don't wait too long, unless your hunting is breath hold. Not sure you will find a Maui dive boat to go spearo-ing from; might have to be a private charter :idk:

West Hawaii Today:
Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources Division of Aquatic Resources biologist Bill Walsh said Friday the state Attorney General is reviewing draft rules that include components such as a 40-species "white list," daily bag limits, citing species of special concern, closing the Pebble Beach area to collectors and prohibiting scuba spearfishing. The white list outlines which fish aquarium collectors may harvest.

Tighter rules on tropical fish collection eyed | West Hawaii Today 9/16/11

Unclear if the draft rules are just for West Hawaii (Big Island) :idk:

Thanks for the info. We will be there the first two weeks of November. I will check with the local dive shop for further info. Mahalo

Be sure to pick up a recent copy of the DLNR Rules and Regulations regarding fish species, size limits, seasons and "no-take" zones. These pamphlets should be available at any decent dive shop or sporting goods store. I know they have them on the counter at B&B Scuba... (My favorite local dive shop by the way!) They're in Kihei at Azeka shopping center near Ace Hardware and the Kihei Post Office.

Thanks Doug, I will def check that out. Can't wait to get there!! Tamara

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom