Hawaiian Monk Seal 3-23-08 Spitting Caves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

W*O*W

Do you feel that you have seen her before?

Drew,

Did she open her mouth there at the very end? If so, isn't that a sort of "back off" behavior?

She seemed a bit nervous in the beginning, taking breaths more frequently than normal. Once the other divers left, it appeared she calmed down some. That's just my take from the film. What did you think as it was happening?

thanks for posting, very cool video. I wonder how often they hang out in the caves and breath off the trapped bubbles? Pretty smart. Definitely not something I would have imagined them doing.

We saw one in the same cave, doing the same thing. It rested on the ledge, though, for awhile.

The tag on our sighting indicated that it was a 2 year old male, Buster.

You got to spend some quality moments with Buster (RV08), a nearly 3 y.o. male . He has been seen a lot on this website at Spitting Cave, and Blowhole. Thank you for giving him some space. DB

That is really cool!
Do you think that I will see any monk seals in Kauai in May?

Back
Top Bottom