Hawaii Voting to Ban Sale of Shark Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sailingk8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Your help is needed:

Urgent: Hawaii State Gov to vote on a precedent setting ban on trade of shark fins in the State. Please send a little note to support Bill SB216. Hawaii would become the first area to fully ban the sale, trade, handling of Shark fins. Hawaii has a lot of Asian restaurants opposing this bill, please write to the state representatives as tourists and divers in support of Bill SB216 to:
reps@capitol.hawaii.gov

It is currently legal to buy/sell/ eat shark fins all over the world including all 50 US states.
Approx. 250,000 shark are killed A DAY worldwide, please help fight this by sending a short note to support this new ban of sales in at least one influential area.

For more news check out the Shark Forum

It would be nice to find a link for the actual bill, some have questioned it's wording. :idk:

It would be nice to find a link for the actual bill, some have questioned it's wording. :idk:

Yeah...takes affect in 2050!

At this rate there won't be any sharks left in 40 years to worry about their fins!

Did I misread that?

It does say that, good catch. That's absurd.

EDIT: I have written to them to let them know how absurd that is. I encourage you to do the same, it's a great idea but why make a joke of it.
Forty years? Are they high??? What a bunch of wankers!

EDIT 2: please see note below. The date is under discussion

Last edited:
It does say that, good catch. That's absurd.

Just a wee bit.

It is a way that politicians can say that they actually did something for an issue, but not really have done something to improve the issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom