Trump Dines on Shark Fin Soup in Vietnam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea Save Foundation

Contributor
Reaction score
Although he is a picky eater, President Donald Trump ate shark fin soup in Vietnam during a dinner with Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang. More than 70 million sharks are caught every year to support the shark fin trade. This practice is unsustainable and in addition to being inhumane will result in global fisheries collapse and widespread human starvation. Many U.S. states have banned the sale and possession of shark fins, and a national shark fin ban bill has been introduced into Congress.

Read more here (story #1).

trump-vietnam-dinner.jpe

It's not just Republicans who do and say stupid things. Democrat Ted Lieu, a staunch opponent of Trump doesn't believe there is anything wrong with eating shark fin soup and says anyone who disagrees is a racist.
"Lieu spoke out against a state law banning shark fin soup. He also suggested that some of the arguments against the taking of shark fins were racist. "There's nothing inherently wrong about drinking shark fin soup."

Doesn't surprise me. They are all ... well best keep it to myself.

hypocrites?

Do we need sharks? Yes
Should we monitor and protect, as needed, all species? Yes
Is this one instance of a government official attending a State dinner in a foreign country worth getting our undies in a bunch? No

Is this one instance of a government official attending a State dinner in a foreign country worth getting our undies in a bunch? No

Exactly. Another example of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

It just shows more insensitivity on his part. There is no situational awareness with him. None, nada and squat. We don't like him because of things just like this. He only cares about himself.

It just shows more insensitivity on his part. There is no situational awareness with him. None, nada and squat. We don't like him because of things just like this. He only cares about himself.
Haven't we all had that said about us at one time or another?

Besides, these are the things his handlers take care of, not POTUS himself.

When you say "We" I hope that is not intended to be all inclusive. I think he is course, prideful, and lacking in social skills. None of these are why he was elected. If you want smooth and polished, you would prefer Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and a snake.

Yep, he probably had to choose between pooch soup, or......? He probably had no idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom