Hawaii Oahu and Maui experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did 8 dives with them last December. The DM's pick you up at your hotel. They take their work seriously. In Hawaii, the DM's (2 each dive) dive with you while the skipper stays on the boat.

http://www.hawaii-scuba.com/

For Maui:
I tried most of the operators out of Kehei and by far my favorite is Ed Robinsons' for many reasons, but I prefer more advanced diving and as a photographer my interests may be different than yours. Be sure you tell them what you want. Ed's is real good about grouping divers of similar skill and desire. Mike Severn’s is my back up. Suggestion; I recommend that you book your dives before you go, I learned the hard way. Many of the good operators are full and you would not want to miss precious days not diving.

Lahania divers has impressed many folks, I am not amoung them, and am hoping I just had a couple of off days with them. I made the 45min drive each morning to Eds after a couple of bad days.

Don't forget to check out the aquarium to see examples of what you should be seeing while diving. Also there is a nice Italian restaurant near the Kehei police station.

Oahu:
I was impressed with Ocean concepts, though their dives sites seemed limited.
Aarons: I was extremely dissappointed with, they charged for dives they cancelled and it took several days and many phone calls to get it cleaned up. I prefer the folks who have a business that is successful enough that they don't charge until you either get on the boat or finish your dives. Charging a week ahead makes me think they are not doing well, and that of course makes you wonder why.

Have a great trip!

Most Dive Companies In Oahu do not own there own boat they charter with local captains if space is available. Thats exactly how aarons works. Aarons dive shop does not own there own boat....Ocean Concepts does,,, in fact they have 4boats.

We dove with Pacific Paradise in Oahu last week. We had a great time diving the Mahi shipwreck and Makaha Caverns. Both of these dives are on the west side. Mike and the folks at Pacific Paradise are first rate.

True, most don't own their own boat and that can be a good thing as the operation is then more flexible as to where you might dive - East - South - West. Even companies that have their own boats use wholesale seats on the boats of other operators on the Island. In most cases kinda like a big happy family.
In the end you have to find an operator that you feel comfortable with. Give them a call and see if you like what you hear.

ed robinsons all the way on Maui, great outfit, will book any dives i do on Maui with them..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom