Hawaii In June & Only 1 Dive To Choose....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BLoCLevel - just as an FYI in case you are not familiar with the Manta dive. When we did it two summers ago, you drop into the water an to the site where you wait for the mantas to come. Typically, there is a "campfire" of lanterns used to help attract the plankton. It's amazing when the Mantas show. But, if you are looking for more swim and explore options, there are probably too many to choose from. We're doing Molokini in a few weeks.

Also, to see how the Mantas are doing: You can subscribe to the Manta Report on http://www.mantapacific.org/mantapacific/. They have daily updates on how many Mantas were out the night before.

1st, thanks to everyone for their responses. We will be cruise-shipping around the islands and an overnight stay (June 24 & 25 Sat.-Sun.) in Nawiliwili, Kauai will give me the opportunity to dive Ni'ihau on Sunday.
After that, a 3-4 day stay around Kona, Hawaii for the Manta night dive!
Any recommendations for dive ops and anything else you might elaborate on will be greatly appreciated. Again, Thank You.

On the Big Island last year I dove with Dive Makai ( www.divemakai.com ). They were GREAT! However, they do not do the Manta dive. For that I used Jack's Dive Locker. They were good but not as good as Dive Makai.

There were no Mantas the night I went. You can subscribe to the "Manta Report" on this web page ( www.mantapacific.org ) for a daily update on the night dive from the day before. The is also a lot of information on the local Manta population on the page.

BLoCLevel:
1st, thanks to everyone for their responses. We will be cruise-shipping around the islands and an overnight stay (June 24 & 25 Sat.-Sun.) in Nawiliwili, Kauai will give me the opportunity to dive Ni'ihau on Sunday.
After that, a 3-4 day stay around Kona, Hawaii for the Manta night dive!
Any recommendations for dive ops and anything else you might elaborate on will be greatly appreciated. Again, Thank You.

Manta ray dive is great.

We dove with Jack's Diving Locker for several days during our trip to Kona last year and had a wonderful time.

Manta dive is supposed to be the number one rated night dive and the back wall of molokini is in the top ten of all dives. Don't know who rates them but I would have to agree.
If you give us more specifics, we can help more.

Back
Top Bottom