Hawaii dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cubalake

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Traveling to Hawaii in April. Looking for best dive operations for Ohau (staying in Waikiki area) and Maui (staying on west side).

Thanks.

Hey, welcome to ScubaBoard.

You may want to post your question over on the Hawaii board. Lots of locals hang out there and will be able to guide you in the right direction. That's what I did when we went to Oahu summer before last.

Scubaboard > Regional Travel and Dive Clubs > United States > Hawai'i 'Ohana

or hit this link:

Hawai'i 'Ohana

Have a great trip!

Btw, when we went we used Gabe Scotti, who goes by the name of Scottitheduck on ScubaBoard. He took care of all the arrangements in terms of lining up the boats, providing the tanks and weights, etc. We reserved our spots a few months in advance so since we were first for our time slot we were given our choice of where to dive. Gabe does a great job and really went above and beyond in terms of customer service.

At the time he was pretty much a one-man show but I think he's expanded now to include another couple of instructors and dive masters. He owns and runs a dive club there, Kaimana Divers, which I would join in a heartbeat if I lived there.

Hawaii is a ball for shore dives, check out Shaka Doug for a guide. We could not link up with him and wound up getting our tanks from B&B scuba also great people!

You didn't say if you're renting a car or not, but if you are there is fantastic diving on the North Shore, and I can give Deep Ecology the highest possible recommendation.

If you need a place closer to Waikiki I have dived extensively with Island Divers Hawaii and also recommend them.

I have not yet had the chance to dive in Maui, but I hear it's great.

I will also be qualified as a PADI Divemaster by then, so I can always guide you as well :wink:!

Either way you go, enjoy your holiday!

Michael

I will second the recommendation for Gabe.

Kaimana Divers is opening a shop and will have their grand opening this coming Friday, 25th of Feb. Drew and Gabe are the guys I'm taking my 11yr old to for his OW Cert. Great guys and even better Instructors/DM's. The best part is they dive from Hawaii Kai, Waikiki and the West side as well, so you can hit a lot of sites and not have to get to know 16 different DM's and their various personalities unless you want too.

And No, I'm not being paid by Gabe (but would take some free dives if offered:wink:.

Enjoy your visit!

The two main operators on the west side (Lahaina) of Maui are Extended Horizons and Lahaina Divers. Extended Horizons focuses on Lanai and West Maui sites, while Lahaina Divers goes to Molokini, Lanai, Molokai, and West Maui sites.

IMO anyone wishing to dive Molokini and S. Maui sites is far better off getting up early and driving down to the Kihei boat ramp (about a 45 min. drive from Kaanapali). The boat ride to Molokini is much shorter that way, and you have access to some really great S. Maui sites that the W. Maui operators don't go to.

In S. Maui the most often recommended charter operators here are Ed Robinson's, Mike Severns, and B&B Scuba. For S. Maui shore diving, Shaka Doug ALWAYS gets the thumbs up. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom