Having trouble with a search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wwtaylor

New
Reaction score
Can anyone offer any advice?? I signed up today to search for info on a regulator, and can't access the search features. When I click on the search button, it asks for my log-in info, then takes me back to the same log-in screen.

Any advice??

w.w.t.

If you seem to be having problems logging in to your account and staying logged in you probably have a cookie issue. ScubaBoard uses cookies sessions to keep track of your username and password (cookies are a small text file stored on your machine by your browser that can remember small bits of information like your username and encrypted password). These cookies are perfectly safe and vital to your account, you must let them through or you will not be able to access ScubaBoard or many other websites.

To fix most cookie problems you will need to clear your cookies, reset your computer and log back in to ScubaBoard. For users on a private machine we recommend you check the “Remember Me” box so you can avoid logging in every time you visit ScubaBoard. If you are concerned about privacy or appearing “online”, you can set your account as invisible in your User Control Panel (options).

Clearing your cookies in Internet Explorer:

Click on the “Tools” option for your menu bar
Select “Internet Options” at the end of the drop down list
Click on the “General” tab at the top of the window
Click the “Delete Cookies” button under the “Temporary Internet Files” box
Click “Ok” to the confirmation alert that pops up
Click “Ok” on the window box
Close your browser and restart your computer to insure all cookies are removed

Clearing your cookies with other browsers:

Hit f1 or locate the help menu for detailed instructions on how to clear cookies with Netscape, Opera, or any other browser.

If you are having problems accepting cookies check that your browser’s security level is set to medium or below, or add www.scubaboard.com to your list of “Trusted Sites” as explained in your browser’s help files.

It's working for now, that is, after I posted that comment (typical, right?)

But I'll play with cookies tomorrow, if I still have problems.

Thanks for your help.

w.w.t.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom