Having trouble uploading photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ToddK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,
I'm pretty new to uploading & posting photos on Scubaboard, but everything was working for me two days ago. Today, if I try to post a photo, it looks like it uploads, but then I get "This category doesn't include any images". If I try to create a new album (which had worked OK), I get "Unable to create/write to /home/zephyr/public_html/gallery/data/5251! Check your data directory permissions before continuing. " I tried uploading an image to an existing album that I had, and it appears that it took out four images that were there.
Can anyone give me advice on what I'm doing wrong, or let me know if the site not working correctly? I'm using Internet Explorer 8.0 on Windows XP, and have tried on both my home and business networks. My quota usage so far is pretty minimal.

Thanks!
-Todd.

We had a similar issue a few weeks ago. That issue was resolved but it appears to have resurfaced as a few users have mentioned similar problems.

I've moved your thread to site support so those with the proper access and knowledge can look into it.

It's a different problem. It's being looked at.

Ditto! as of 10:30 EST.

I've tried to upload a picture, both as an attachment, and into my gallery, and it isn't working.

I tried several different pictures, so it isn't the particular picture file.

When uploading as an attachment, it tells me "This is not a valid image file." When I upload into my gallery, it acts like everything is okay but then the picture isn't there.

The system is not accepting file uploads.

Signs of progress- I'm now able to create Albums immediately, where as that used to bomb out, and then generate the album hours later.

I just tried to upload a photo, but am getting a different error message

"Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 1 Command:
"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 95x71 -quality 80 -geometry 95x71 -unsharp 10 '/home/zephyr/public_html/gallery/data/5250/thumbs/a2_driling_canister_medium_bit.JPG' "

If it helps ToddK any, image linking appears to still be working. Host the pics on someplace like photobucket and then link to them with

Thanks NetDoc! Everything works fine. Now that it is fixed, I was able to post my new thread on making a LED dive light:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do-yourself-diy/363906-10w-led-light-delrin-canister.html

Could I beg a favor from someone? My test thread got moved & re-titled from the Testing section to the Do-It-Yourself section. Can you move this back, as it is probably creating some confusion:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do-yourself-diy/363461-diy-dive-light.html

Thanks!
-Todd.

Back
Top Bottom