Having a hard time finding MS Medium Short wetsuits. Who makes them???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NubaScoob

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am trying to find some Medium Short wetsuits out there since I am an off size but it seems like all the ones I can find are very expensive. I currently dive with two suits, a 2.0 medium shorty that fits great, and a small 3/2 full which is constrictingly tight on me but the length on it is good. I wore it yesterday with my Lycra suit and it was just way too tight so I knew I needed to get into a larger suit. Medium short seems to fit right into what I am looking for but I can't seem to find them easily. I would like to find a 5mm or 5/4 full in MS as well as a 3/2 in MS. Preferably do not want to spend more than $150 per suit. Which brands/models come in that size and thickness?

thanks!!

Bare makes their Velocity line in MS in both a 3/2 and a 5/4mm thickness.

Ok thanks! I will check into them. I also found that the Hyperflex Cyclones come in that size with more digging online... (Hyperflex is a subdivision of Henderson)

I'll go with everyone else here, Bare makes a good suit and has a bunch of stock sizes I think something like 16 on most of there suits.

I believe Camaro has MS available on their size charts also...

DB

So I ordered one of the Hyperflex suits in Medium short. I can tell that it is just a pinch too big. It is comfortable everywhere on me though with the exception of hte armpits. It seems like I have a bit more sagging in the arm pit area than I should. I put my full dive skin on underneath it and it helps a little but I still think it is a pinch loose. That kinda stinks because small is restrictingly tight and medium short is a bit too loose. Whats my next option? a custom suit? or maybe just another brand small that may run a bit looser?

Assuming wherever you bought it has a liberal return policy, I'd try another brand - manufacturers use different templates resulting in different fits for the same size. If that doesn't work and you insist on a perfect fit, custom is the only other option

Assuming wherever you bought it has a liberal return policy, I'd try another brand - manufacturers use different templates resulting in different fits for the same size. If that doesn't work and you insist on a perfect fit, custom is the only other option

I got it at Leisure Pro so returns are no problem at all. I am taking the advise to try another and will be ordering a Bare 3/2 Velocity Progressive Stretch in Medium Short. I measured all of my body's specific sizes and the Bare is the closest to perfect on paper. The only thing that is a little off is the inseam which is 2" longer than what I actually am. That being said it still sounds like it will fit MUCH better than the Hyperflex I have. I will update when I get it. Placing the order today :)

thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom