Have you tested positive for COVID?

Have you tested positive for COVID?

• I didn’t test positive, but I had it.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • I tested positive, but was asymptomatic/minimal symptoms

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • I tested positive, it was the worst.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I tested positive and was hospitalized.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I tested positive and am a long hauler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not been tested, nor have I been sick

Votes: 86 43.4%
  • I was tested negative

Votes: 81 40.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today. The hospital was very efficient at getting people eligible signed up and vaccinated. It’s like a flu shot except they leave the needle in for 10 seconds after the injection. There were epipens at each vaccination station and an area for 15 minutes for observation. I did bench push-ups as per DandyDon’s advice and my arm is just a little sore, similar to the flu shot. My colleagues who got it already reported different levels of side effects, but essentially similar to what they got from the flu shot. One person who got aches and pains with the flu shot got aches and pains with this shot. Another who gets quite ill with fever and chills from the flu shot got the same with this shot. Others just had the same sore arm. I borrowed my kids epipen just in case. Back to report in three weeks with my second dose, although there are reports of limited efficacy with just one dose.

This is encouraging, as the flu shot is just a slight prick and nothing more to me. I've had way worse reactions from donating blood, but that's a larger needle in the arm for 10 min.

Since we are not associated with a hospital or large corporation I had to go through our health department for vaccination. I just got my first shot. I was slated for the Moderna but got the Pfizer instead. Drive through procedure....

Follow lighted arrow to first tent and check in, proceed to second station and review info then get shot and a sign on windshield. Drive to next station with EMS personnel and wait 15 minutes until released. Entire procedure took just over 20 minutes. I have to say that our health department had it very well organized.

The shot itself? Hardly felt it. Seriously, much less discomfort than a flu shot for me. Now we will see what the next hours bring. All my coworkers had pretty sore arms for about a day. I have the information to sign up for v-safe but haven’t yet.

Attachments

• 1277B915-8685-42ED-B41F-43467F75B054.jpeg
    1277B915-8685-42ED-B41F-43467F75B054.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 91
Since we are not associated with a hospital or large corporation I had to go through our health department for vaccination. I just got my first shot. I was slated for the Moderna but got the Pfizer instead. Drive through procedure....

Follow lighted arrow to first tent and check in, proceed to second station and review info then get shot and a sign on windshield. Drive to next station with EMS personnel and wait 15 minutes until released. Entire procedure took just over 20 minutes. I have to say that our health department had it very well organized.

The shot itself? Hardly felt it. Seriously, much less discomfort than a flu shot for me. Now we will see what the next hours bring. All my coworkers had pretty sore arms for about a day. I have the information to sign up for v-safe but haven’t yet.
I wonder if they will update my international shot record. The yellow one. I have kept it updated since navy days.

I did V-safe. They're supposed to text you at 2 pm, mine came in at 10:30 last night after I'd gotten in bed.

I did V-safe. They're supposed to text you at 2 pm, mine came in at 10:30 last night after I'd gotten in bed.

The fact they even created v safe doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about this vaccine.

The fact they even created v safe doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about this vaccine.
I was polled by work yesterday whether or not I would get the vaccine if they made it available. I replied (emphatically) yes. Apparently I am the only one of 50 to respond yes

******* SMIBs

I was polled by work yesterday whether or not I would get the vaccine if they made it available. I replied (emphatically) yes. Apparently I am the only one of 50 to respond yes

******* SMIBs
Hopefully with all of the scared people out there refusing it, I may move up in the queue, the talk now is 70 + yo and I’m only 66.

It's a way of gathering data on reactions. I think it's actually a fantastic idea.

It's a way of gathering data on reactions. I think it's actually a fantastic idea.

Thats the part that worries me, gathering data on reactions on a vaccine being actively administered in large numbers.

Shouldn't we already know the reactions?

******* SMIBs
Its not like autism is gonna make things worse for you.

Back
Top Bottom