Have you heard of Mahahual ???????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2dive.com

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Have you heard of Mahahual ???????
I have.

Yes Joe,
It is unfortunate if you are in town and are looking for some unspoiled diving or a day away from the street side venders but, for us fortunately we are located 10 kilometers out of town and don’t have the hustle or the crowds. In fact if you’re looking for something more like spring break I would suggest staying in town. If you would like to do some unspoiled diving or just relax in peaceful surroundings there are alternatives.
Take care,
Ken

Ken,

Aha! The nickel just dropped. Do you have a link you could post or send me, perhaps? Would definitely be interested.
Joe

Joe,
Try www.mayapalms.com
If you are in the area I would be happy to take you out on dive sites that are far less trafficked than in town.
Take care Joe,
Ken

2dive.com:
Joe,
Try www.mayapalms.com
If you are in the area I would be happy to take you out on dive sites that are far less trafficked than in town.
Take care Joe,
Ken

Hi, I'm planning a 10 day trip to the area in late June early July, how far are you from the Mahahual town? and since I will be going with teenagers that doesn't dive, hows the beach infront of the Hotel? it has a sandy water entrance or is it rocky?

Pablovi,
We are located approximately 10km. south of Mahahual. The beach in front of the hotel is fine white sand as is the rest of Mahahual. The only rocky areas of beach would be north of town and also 25 km south of town. For the non diving teens we have the only freshwater pool in town. There are snorkeling tours, kayaks and we can also provide you with wireless internet service.
Thank You,
Ken

I have! Back in the 90's, they would give you brochours in Cozumel and stuff where thye had Mahahual and you coulda bought some land. Still have one of the brochours.

OT: You can still buy land. Hopeful you can find something with good title. The difference between now and then.
Then you only needed a bag full of pesos, and now you need a truck load.

Back
Top Bottom