Trip Report Alux Divers-Mahahual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Altamira

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I found Alux Divers (pronounced Alush) somewhat through good luck. My wife wanted to spend the morning at Mahahual Beach during a recent cruise ship stop at Costa Maya/Mahahual, and Alux Divers was next door. After checking reviews of Alux Divers on TripAdvisor, I decided to give them a try. What a great decision! I found everything about Alux Divers to be outstanding, from my first contact with Alex, the dive shop owner, to the actual dives, I could not have asked for a better dive experience during my one day cruise stop in Costa Maya. Alux Divers is a small, extremely professional, customer and safety oriented dive shop that will give you great dives, whether you are a new or highly experienced diver. Thankfully, Alex's dive boat is not a "cattle boat," having comfortable space for perhaps 6-8 divers. We had four divers on board for my two tank dive, did a standard back roll entry for the dives, and removed the dive equipment in the water before reboarding. Alex structured the dives based on my desires, experience level, and nothing was rushed or cut short to meet a timetable. Dive sites were close enough to enable the boat to return to the beach in front of the dive shop for a relaxing surface interval. Although I had my own equipment, a student diver with the other instructor was using Alux Divers rental gear, and it appeared to be in excellent shape. I would not hesitate to use or recommend Alex and Alux Divers for any future trips or for all divers.

Thanks, Guy. I'll be stopping there in February and currently don't have anything planned for that port.

@ROUS. If you go, ask Alex to take you Lionfish hunting at the Isleta dive site. It's shallow with a sandy bottom, and really pretty finger reefs, with the highlight being the biggest Green Moray that I have ever seen. It was monstrous, and it really enjoyed eating the Lionfish I shot.

Thanks for the review. How much did transportation cost to get there and back?

Thanks for the review. How much did transportation cost to get there and back?
Not 100% sure because my wife, a fluent Spanish speaker, dealt with the taxi driver and paid the fare, but I think it was about $8 each way for one or more people.

Back
Top Bottom