Have you ever wondered why Scubapro still makes the Mk2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most bomb-proof 1st stage going. I have one on my 30cu/ft pony bottle. I put an orange Deep Six second on it so I could de-tune it. With a balanced first, that unbalanced second still gives you more smooth air than you will ever use.

I think a Conshelf too would fit that description.

Sherwood DIN adapter....that works?

Yes, been doing it for years. The thin yokes are questionable at best for use on modern high pressure tanks, so upgrading to DIN with a Sherwood adapter puts these back in use. Only works on the older Mk2s with the male inlet. Since they only have one HP and 2 LP ports, they make dandy deco/stage regs.

Scubapro mk5 din conversion kit

Din kit on the way so took the MK2 apart to replace the 2 o-rings that serve at the heart of the 2 and the filter and o-ring that goes under it as a spacer

D11FF2FB-3435-4DDC-BCD8-564C8350D500.jpeg
D89B2DB0-4B0F-447C-9E81-56BE894DB130.jpeg

This is all of the replacement part used on this reg. I didn’t replace the seat because the old one sealed fine.
14763AD9-093C-42FE-BEE6-BCB4573DE396.jpeg

Put the heavy yoke on it for now and perfect IP.
7C8276D4-2B17-44B2-BFB6-71914939DFE9.jpeg

Be sure to check the IP at 500psi and 3000psi. It should be within specs for both pressure ranges.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom