Have you ever wondered why Scubapro still makes the Mk2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexvil

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
i bought a box of misc stuff off the sales board mainly because it’s fun to sort through things like this, included was a Mk2 and parts for a mk5.

The Mk2 is the old 2 look one HP (3/8”) very early type, dirty and just tossed in the box
BBC5C481-5593-46C9-8450-C975A1A37D84.jpeg
4C16B03E-74F3-4C7F-87AB-14B1DE596091.jpeg
B7062E1E-5EEE-4364-B4FC-27D7C903B495.jpeg

Stuck a hose on it and put it on a tank, pop 135 up with no creep! This may end up riding a pony.
1386EB10-C13C-4DD2-A962-E4BEEEC68A48.jpeg

The mk-2 is a rock star!

I use one on a redundant air for ice diving, one for my recreational pony, one for DECO, one for a back-up on a vintage double hose twinset manifold, one for splashing in the pool, and one for just goofing around. It is so simple and robust. I say it is my "stranded on a desert island" first stage. A 108/109 second completes the rig.

I have some very old (older than yours), some middle year, and some modern models (no EVO yet)

DumpsterDiver gave me one he had scrounged somewhere. He dove it for quite a bit and just abused it, and gave it to me when it started bubbling. I flipped the seat, lubed the o-rings, and it is again running fine. It is, from what we have been able to ascertain, likely from the first production year they were made...

This one has a good seat I will open it up one of these days to re lube everything.

there are mk2 s on my 10k rebreather .....they just work I own about 10 of them

Most bomb-proof 1st stage going. I have one on my 30cu/ft pony bottle. I put an orange Deep Six second on it so I could de-tune it. With a balanced first, that unbalanced second still gives you more smooth air than you will ever use.

because they are a simple, reliable design that is cheaper to manufacture so they can sell a reg that competes on the entry level pricepoint with enough markup to keep their dealers happy?

Perhaps someone else will weight in with a definitive statement, but I think that thin yoke in the photo is not rated/intended for 3000 psi. So, caution advised.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom