Have you been to Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Recently returned from Ambergris last month and the diving was amazing. We used Ecologic Divers and I can't say enough good things about our experience. We stayed at a resort (Costa Maya Reef), that while nice, was way too far out to really enjoy the town.

Not to miss? Sunset Grill where you can feed the tarpons for dinner. We took one day off from diving and headed inland to cave tubing and visiting the Mayan ruins at Xunantunich.

But it is all about the water. Out of all the dives, Tackle Box was my favorite followed by Half Moon Wall. We dove the Blue Hole (another must), but didn't get to Aquarium due to the rain and surf. We also snorkeled at Mexico Rocks and I was amazed at how much life we saw. The visibility was fantastic and the water was warm. Just about any place you dive is going to be special.

Enjoy your trip!

Tackle Box is one of the most accessible local dives (to San Pedro) and IMO one of the best. But I've never heard it described as better than Half Moon Caye Wall before. Sound as if the weather wasn't too good on your Lighthouse day, but on a decent day HMCW is absolutely incredible, a truly world-class coral reef wall dive. You'll have to come again!

My wife and I spent a week at Belizean Shores Resort on Ambergris Caye last March 2010. Great location north of town (about a 10 minute boat ride by water taxi). The reef is a short kayak ride from in front of the resort great spot for snorkeling. Just a short walk down the beach is White Sands Dive shop. They'll pick up at Belizean Shore's dock. Very customer friendly and very competent I highly recommend them if you stay north of town.

You fly in to Belize City from the US and then take either a short flight (I recommend the flight) or a boat ride (about 1 hour) to Ambergris Caye. The resort will schedule your water taxi from town to the resort.

Back
Top Bottom