Have ya'll met Stella?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harvdog - thanks for the info .... we're supposed to be doing the Clean-up at Starnes, and if I ran into 'Stella' I know she would scare the heck out of me!! Nice pix!!

No problem Kat. We will be out there as well for the cleanup. We'll be across the way at West Point. Maybe we'll zip over and say hi. We have been talking about following the wall from Starns to West Point possibly on a night dive.

We also have a fully equipped dive boat for about 15 divers that we take out every Wed and Sat night as well as Sat and Sun mornings. Love to have ya!

James

Thanks for the pic. I would have probably soiled myself and then breached like the Red October:) There's a steel shark at Windy Point that got me the same way the first time I saw it. Creepy stuff!!

Starnes Island//Lake Travis --- ?????

Lake Travis is located just west of downtown Austin. Ever dove there? Killer diving......as far as Texas goes.

Harvdog:
Lake Travis is located just west of downtown Austin. Ever dove there? Killer diving......as far as Texas goes.

Have dove Scuba Point at Travis but thats it so far,,,,would like to do other spots on the lake!

There someone running a party pontoon boat on Lake Travis. One of the LDS just had a trip on it. It would be kinda cool to fill it up with Swampers and tour the lake, get to all those spots we never see from shore.

Harvdog:
No problem Kat. We will be out there as well for the cleanup. We'll be across the way at West Point. Maybe we'll zip over and say hi. We have been talking about following the wall from Starns to West Point possibly on a night dive.

We also have a fully equipped dive boat for about 15 divers that we take out every Wed and Sat night as well as Sat and Sun mornings. Love to have ya!

James

James - what LDS are you with? I'm assuming the boat is with a LDS?? And how deep does it get from Starns to West Point? Just curious!! :D

Well Dee, you have found the right guy. We run the pontoon boat. Fully equipped for diving btw. Room for 15 divers. If your interested, or anyone else readin this thread, let me know and I'll give you the info on how to get aboard. We go out every Wed and Sat eve around 8pm, and Sat and Sun morn at 9am. There are several great spots to dive that are unavailable from shore...unless you like a long swim. Rates are $20 if you need a tank and $15 w/out. Unless you bring beer, and then it is negotiable. Oh yea, we also have a grill to nosh after the dive whilst having a beer:)

Let me know folks!

Back
Top Bottom