Have Dry Suit, Will Dive TX/OK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cyprian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Fellow divers of TX/OK,

As mentioned in some of my previous posts, I have recently purchased a dry suit and taken a DS cert class. I did this for two reasons:

1. I plan to make my way to tech diving and figured I need to start learning dry suit skills.

2. I have recently returned to the scuba realm after an extended layoff and do not want to sit out 3-4 months while the water temps return to 60+.

That said, I'm looking for any buddies (wet or dry) that don't mind diving with someone new to dry suit and still working on polishing up buoyancy skills. :)

My schedule is a little backward compared to most, in that I often have time to dive Mon-Fri, with most Saturdays open, but never Sunday (I teach class at my Church). Given a few days notice, I can dive throughout the week, unless I have a previous meeting scheduled. So I'm hoping there are a few firefighters/paramedics/police officers/night shift workers/retired individuals/others off during the week, who are interested in diving weekdays.

(Now, I do not say this to offend firefighters/paramedics/police officers, etc. I just have a few friends in the profession who work the schedule that are often off certain days during the week in rotation. But they aren't divers.... :( I realize that some work in this profession and have another job on "off" days to make ends meet).

And, as stated, I'm open on most Saturdays. So, let's get together and dive! :eyebrow:

For those who read as guests of the forum, or those that prefer email: cyprian520 at gmail dot com.

Take care,

Cyp

Thanks to all the views and the 2 email replies....lol.

That said, I'm going to attempt to schedule a dive for Lake Murray this Friday, although I might regret the water temps. As noted in my last dive there a month ago the water temp was 46-48F, so I'm thinking 42-44F now.

If any brave soul wants to join me, barring a weather event or something changing my schedule, I'll be at at Murray Friday morning!!! :)

I'm diving CSSP this coming Saturday. I'd would love to have a dive buddy, instead of my pony bottle:)

I'm diving CSSP this coming Saturday. I'd would love to have a dive buddy, instead of my pony bottle:)

Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely interested. I'll send you a PM a little later in the day when I have more time. Work is getting in the way for some reason today. :)

I'm generally available anytime including during the week and wouldn't mind coming out.

I'm generally available anytime including during the week and wouldn't mind coming out.

Thanks for the reply. I send a PM your way.

Take care.

Back
Top Bottom