Have all the Gear - Now time to get Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbs129

Reaction score
I just wanted to post a note of thanks for anyone that gave me some advice and opinions on purchasing Scuba gear for myself, a beginner. The advise and opinions that I received from this forum, along with the assistance of my local dive shop, was the best assistance I could have received.

Here is a list of the gear that I have purchased - Remember, as I am located in Newfoundland, Canada, all my diving will be in cold water conditions. In addition, I didn't want to cheap out on gear. Rather I wanted some middle of the road stuff that I could depend upon.

-2 piece 7MM Pinnacle Escape wetsuit - including 7mm pinnacle hood, 7mm henderson gloves and 6.5mm Edge boots
-Scuba Pro Spectra mask and spectra snorkel
-Scuba Pro Jet Sport fins
-Oceanic Cruz BCD
-Oceanic GT-3 reg with CDX-5 first stage
-Oceanic Slimline Octo
-Oceanic Swiv Navcon
-Oceanic Veo 2.0 wrist mount computer
-ProBlue BCD Knife

Have completed several dives and I am very comfortable with all the gear.

Next investment will be to purchase a couple of steel tanks. This will allow me to drop some of the lead that I have to carry with the aluminum tanks I rent from my LDS.

Other items (dive knife, light, camera, etc..) will be purchased along the way.

Once again, really appreciated all the advice and opinions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom