Have a question about one reg breathing easier than another...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does this have the FDX-10 first stage? If so, that's a great deal.

I have 3 Delta IVs and they are fantastic regulators. Also, as was mentioned earlier, Oceanic service is the best in the industry.

Yes. The Delta 4 is equipped with a FDX10 first stage and before the EOS came out it had the swivel hose. Once the EOS came out it got the swivel. This year Oceanic released the Delta 4.1 the changes are cosmetic and the price is higher than the Delta 4 yet lower than the EOS.

I'll back up what the others have said about Oceanic. They have world class regulators and their service is second to none. It sounds like you found a great deal on the Delta 4, and I would jump on it if I were you. You, personally, will most likely not notice the difference in how it breathes compared to the other regs you listed. However, the others may have a better feel to them in your mouth. That's just personal preference. Since the one you found has a swivel, it's not the newer Delta 4.1. The Delta 4 was Oceanics top of the line reg before the EOS came out, so the one you found is actually a better model. The swivel can make big difference for some people to prevent jaw fatigue. If you don't mind spending a little more I will second the motion about the EOS. I absolutely love mine!

Does this have the FDX-10 first stage? If so, that's a great deal.

I have 3 Delta IVs and they are fantastic regulators. Also, as was mentioned earlier, Oceanic service is the best in the industry.

Yes, it is with the FDX10. All new with warranty card from authorized dealer. It is the original Delta w/swivel and not the new 4.1 Delta. Actually, they were offering either one for the same price. I got one of four left that they had w/swivel. It should do the job. It even has the red accents on the first stage wich I have heard are the latest version/batch manufactured and not prone to some of the earlier issues with the FDX10. I do not know how accurate this is, just what I have heard trying to reasearch the Delta. I can't find one pic on the web with this though .... they all seem to be blue?? Overall, I think it was a good deal.

You got a great deal, no doubt about it.

I couldn't remember if the Delta IV originally came with the FDX-10 or the CDX-5, that's why I asked.

Now get out and enjoy that new reg!

I have both the Delta IV and the Apex XTX 50. The Delta blows the Apex away. I was told the Apex would outperform, but have had 2 dive shops service the Apex and still it is nowhere near the Delta. Haven't used the EOS, but wish I bought it rather than the Apex.

I have both the Delta IV and the Apex XTX 50. The Delta blows the Apex away. I was told the Apex would outperform, but have had 2 dive shops service the Apex and still it is nowhere near the Delta. Haven't used the EOS, but wish I bought it rather than the Apex.

Thanks for posting this. It is good to hear personal experience from someone who has both. I have been told the same thing about the Apeks but ended up going with the Delta IV. Can't wait to get out and use it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom