Have a look at this Gear. Tell me what you think

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adamp69

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a chance to buy a full set of diving gear. i can get it for $1300. It comes complete with a white dry suit that needs the neck seal done. heres a list of the gear and a few pics. what im wondering, is given that im a new diver, should i buy all new gear, or buy used. what ive noticed in diving gear, is that even the real small stuff is expensive and adds up fast. anyway. let me know what u think. thanks

Whites Dry Suit (needs neck seal) with dry glove system
Force Fins
Sherwood Blizzard 1st and 2nd stage
2 scuba pro nk2 1st stages
Reel and safety sausage
Lift bag
Dive Rite TransPac with Hollis Wing
119cf steel HP tank (needs vip)
40cf stage bottle (needs VIP)
Pony Bottle (needs VIP)
Sea Tux hood
Weight Belt.
1345674773580_imag0123_resized.jpg1345674806236_imag0122_resized.jpgIMAG0141.jpgIMAG0140.jpg

If the zipper and fabric of the suit are in good condition, this is a pretty good package. Seals are an easy and not terribly expensive replacement. I don't know much about Sherwood regs, except they are often found in rental fleets, and are considered pretty durable and solid. You have about $80 worth of lead in the belt alone, and several hundred dollars worth of tanks. I don't personally like force fins, but they are expensive fins and you could probably resell them if you didn't like them.

Remember that you have to factor the cost of regulator service into the equation, and you need to find a place that is willing to service Sherwood regulators.

If the suit fits very well and the equipment is in service it would be a good buy.

---------- Post Merged at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Is the owner dead or bent?

Looks like there is a light clipped to bp/w in first pic

The drysuit is the only weak link overall. A buddy of mine is fighting with used drysuits now, and just having the feet the wrong size is messing with the suit fitting.

I have a chance to buy a full set of diving gear. i can get it for $1300.
The suit is the make-it-or-break-it part of the equation.
evad:
How does the suit fit?
ajduplessis:
If the suit fits very well and the equipment is in service it would be a good buy
If the suit fits, it is a very good deal, considering you are getting three regulator 1st stages, three tanks, etc. If the suit fit me, I would go for the deal, and consider it money very well spent. Otherwise, I would probably pass, if for no other reason than the hassle of turning around and selling the suit to offset the total cost.

The tanks need a VIP - no surprise. Are you sure they are in hydro?

From what he told me, the tanks are with hydro. i should ask for how long i guess. The suit is the only variable for me too. from the sizing on the websites, and from what this guy has told me, i'm expecting it may be a little tight. i'm right on the high side of all the measurements. but i'm also 10 lbs heavier than normal after a summer of bbqing...lol. I just purchased a brand new wet suit, so i'm not in a huge rush to buy a drysuit. A local dive guy who is a HOG dealer is putting together a package for me. i should know the details on that today. soon as i do, i'll let you guys know, see which is the better deal. again, its the small things that are interesting to me. not sure if it says so in the ad, but thru emails, he mentioned alot of odds and ends. dive knifes, lights, reels, bags, etc. i never asked why he was selling it all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom