Have 10 minutes? Help me out...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zahner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone
I am conducting a research experiment on consumer preference for my master’s thesis. I need a bunch of people to complete the experiment, so I am posting the link here. It takes about 10 minutes to complete. You will be presented with a consumer choice situation and asked to make a selection.

The survey is located here: http://home.netcom.com/~zahner/5058/mlweb_start.html

If you have some spare time I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Terence

Dude...that's alot of camera info presented in a difficult to decide on format.

I might still do it, but I'll have to pull out paper and make notes to order it all the way I'd like it. It's just too much info to pull in.

Also, is this a video or a still camera?

JahJahwarrior:
Dude...that's alot of camera info presented in a difficult to decide on format.

I might still do it, but I'll have to pull out paper and make notes to order it all the way I'd like it. It's just too much info to pull in.

Also, is this a video or a still camera?

Agreed. Do you have an advisor that approved that "survey" format? The information should be always viewable and probably arranged in some sort of order like price that will help in making a decision.

Hi and thanks for taking the time to check it out. :)
It concerns still cameras only. I appreciate your concerns regarding the format and complexity of the task; it is set up this way to explore a specific theory.

Terence

zahner:
I appreciate your concerns regarding the format and complexity of the task; it is set up this way to explore a specific theory.

Terence

I hope the theory is "response rate is inversely related to complexity of survey instrument" or perhaps "respondent fatigue impacts completion rate of surveys."

:)

I also hope you are considering sequence bias in your analysis of the results, as well as the respondent bias inherent in using a web based instrument.

Thanks for the comments and to everyone who participated! Much appreciated

if any other SB folks want to complete the survey; check out the first post in this thread. The link will be up for another day or so. Pls note that there are 3 pages to the survey.

Thanks again

Terence

No problem; took me about 5 minutes. Will you post the results?

I did it but man is that format confusing..

Did the experiment. I figured the way the information was displayed on the first page was part of the experiment. I Found that I just looked for the things I wanted in the camera I currently have, and the camera that was closest to those specs won it.

Anyway, hope you get what you are hoping to.
Z..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom