Hatteras mini trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Without a doubt, I have been on Tortuga & highly recommend him for that area.

I always prefer a 6-pack than any cattle boat, that way we can surround ourselves with like minded & trained divers so we can dive what we want.

Exactly, unlike a cattle boat diving on a 6-pack felt like we were the only divers on the wrecks.

Never felt like on a cattle boat on the Flying Fish out of Hatteras. People are coming and going at different times and the wrecks are plenty big to spread out. Also, with there being 3 levels on the boat the group is split into 3.

That is amazing because I know of times where they have 22 divers on board & if Johnny had his way it would be like that on every trip.
I have been on the Fish plenty of times & have never seen it full, but that does not make it any less a cattle boat.
Not trying to bash them, I like Johnny & Amy.
But still prefer a 6 pack to keep the level of divers close to being as equal as possible.

Hatteras diving is SO WORTH IT, if you're willing to drive an hour south of Nags Head. The conditions were so great when I was there, I felt like I was diving off Ft. Lauderdale!

Another good Hatteras dive boat is the Lion's Paw. Nice big 42' boat with plenty of room. Dave Sommers runs a tight operation. Their website is DiveHatteras.com - NC shipwreck diving at it's best!

And yes, the tiger sharks on the Proteus wreck are an awesome experience!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom