Hate my new Rx mask....suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott, If I'm not mistaken gauge readers are bifocals...not sure what the difference is?

No, they are not. Scroll down the home page I am linking for the options available Readers are magnifiers affixed to the glass of any mask. The original mask glass is in play everywhere, but where the readers are installed. The thread has strayed all over the place from the OP's original question...

Welcome to Prescription Dive Masks 1-800-538-2878.

If you can use contacts, that was my first avenue of approach but I have tight eyelids and every blink sent them spinning like a whirly gig!
Sounds like a psychedelic experience..

After research and calling some manufacturers I finally ordered a new Rx mask. And I hate it!

I ended up getting a mask with bifocals as my distance is 'ok'. I needed to make the move to Rx as I was having a bit of difficulty making out my gauges and I HATED my inability to see baby blennies in the coral last year.... getting old sucks :(

The mask fits OK (Tusa Liberator), but the bifocals just aren't working out.... It seems that no matter how I try to tilt my head back I can't get the positioning correct. I opted for larger area bifocals and even had them set a bit higher in anticipation of this issue, but just. not. working.

Needless to say, I'm almost $200 in the hole and sorely disappointed.

I'm thinking of maybe just trying a whole lens script. Just get the whole lens at a +2. I figure this will distort my far field, but would open up the reef and small stuff for me.

Does any have experience with this? Suggestions?

Both my hubby & myself have been in the Bifocal Club for several years now. All I can say is that the company we deal with (http://www.seavisionusa.com/site/inde) has no problems taking back the mask & re-working it so that it does what it's supposed to do.

BTW, underwater optics are different from those on land. If the company doing your lenses is not compensating for this fact, then they are not the people to be using for this job.

Bonne chance,

I have a prescription mask with a small bifocal area which serve as gauge readers. It is integrated into the mask and makes it easier to just glance down at my gauges rather than having a bifocal line to look through.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom