Has anyone tried the Hero Pro3 digital camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boondocks

Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the Hero GoPro3 digital camera as a Father's day present and was wondering if anyone has tried it and if so what do you think of it? We do a ton of spearfishing and I think it would be neat to have a wrist mounted camera ready to take some action shots as well as trophy posed shots at depth. Thanks for any and all advice. Here is a link to the camera for those of you who may not be familiar with it: http://www.goprocamera.com/

Looks cool for the price. Video samples don't look bad at all. If I had the extra cash I'd do it just for the heck of it.

It might be worth the money if you kept your expectations low. I bet the picture quality falls apart once the light gets a bit poor though. If your dad is any kind of photo hobbyist already I bet it would just be frustrating though.

It might be fun to develop some kind of shoulder mount and fire it up in video mode to record an entire dive. (I like the fact that it is small enough to put on my dog and can record almost an hour of video.)

BTW looks like you can get it at Amazon for $109.

I bought this camera a few weeks back...not at all impressed with photo or video quality...no where near as good as the samples on the web site.....you need really good lighting for pics to turn out ok. Forget about taking pics underwater..theres no flash at all....I bought this camera so i could tape video of a zip line tour in Puerta Villarta in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom