Has anyone thought of using a cup while drysuit diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cal71

Reaction score
Has anyone thought of wearing a cup while drysuit diving, or do you just have to learn to love the squeeze? I'm fairly new to my drysuit and have found that I've been using way too much air in the suit (and thus have added too much weight)... Think a cup would help?

Cal71 once bubbled...
Has anyone thought of wearing a cup while drysuit diving, or do you just have to learn to love the squeeze?
You've got to find the happy medium here Cal.

Just enough gas to take the squeeze off but not so much that things start getting loose. You don't need a cup.

When I got certified for drysuit, the topic was mentioned that it may be a thought for condieration, but I would concur with UP, just give it some air.

Let those boys be free!:)

As you gain experience with your drysuit, you'll find that less and less air has to be added. Using just enough to control the squeeze will become second nature.

Good Luck,
Larry

Are you wearing any undergarments under the drysuit? The only time I've ever had an uncomfortable drysuit experience was when I was doing time in the pool...that was because in 83 degree water there was no need to wear the undies.

I remember that first day vividly. A bunch of college guys whining like little girls...it was mostly show...yeah, it wasn't comfy, but once you got horizontal it was fine.

When I am wearing just a swimsuit I have to add a bit of air at 60 feet or things get a bit tight.

I am not sure a cup would do that much good. The pressure would squeeze the hell out of the skin it was resting on.

'Twould keep the wobbegongs at bay...

Peter

I first experienced the squeeze when wading in chest deep water while trout fishing in Montana years ago. Very cool feeling.

I'm not talking a grape-crushing squeeze, but more of a "I'm in a different place" sort of squeeze.

In my 7mm, I got a similiar squeeze and always liked the sensation. It helped judge depth, ascent speed and even current direction (by keeping the suit close)

However, in my drysuit, the squeeze can get prohibitive without a little puff from the valve. But as the others have said, just a few puffs. If you're going Michelin Man, you're using way too much.

I enjoy the squeeze - I can only get that when diving, and its one of the tactile sensations I look forward to when diving.

K

Mo2vation bubbled...

I enjoy the squeeze - I can only get that when diving, and its one of the tactile sensations I look forward to when diving.

Here's hoping you find another source for getting squeezed.....=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom