Has anyone had any experience with....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The same strobe is available under the Intova brand for significantly lower cost.
I have 2 of them that I cost me $100 each.
They do a good job at a very economical price.
You will want to use the fiberoptic trigger cable to get more results.

The same strobe is available under the Intova brand for significantly lower cost.
I have 2 of them that I cost me $100 each.
They do a good job at a very economical price.
You will want to use the fiberoptic trigger cable to get more results.
I will look into that, I was looking for a budget set-up, but was also looking for something that had a decent recycle time, and battery life.

Well I made the choice and ended up going with the FantaSea Strobe. I just got it, mounted my housing to it, and set it up. The strobe has a really fast recycle time, about 2 seconds, compared to the 8+ seconds my Sea and Sea DX-8000g takes. It has three flash level settings and threee sync speeds. Set-up was fast and easy and for the $199 I paid it included a case that fits the camera as well, a fiber-optic cable, a mounting plate and a gimbal arm. I could not even touch any other decent strobe for that, let alone the cost of the arm, mounting plate, and fiber-optic cable.

I will attach some pictures as well.

Attachments

• DSC00831.jpg
    DSC00831.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00830.jpg
    DSC00830.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 46
Let me know how well the Fantasea worked for you and if you think it improved your photos. I going to add one to my cam as well. I am just still undecided to use the Fantasea or the Intova.
Thanks in advance!!

Let me know how well the Fantasea worked for you and if you think it improved your photos. I going to add one to my cam as well. I am just still undecided to use the Fantasea or the Intova.
Thanks in advance!!
I believe they are the same strobe with different labels.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom