Has anyone experienced the new Light Cannon from UK?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MasterGoa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
450 lumens instead of 400 and
much more robust bulb.

Wondering if anyone tried it yet...

MG

I have this light and I love it. It is worth the money if you plan on night diving regularly.

It is a nice white light and quit strong. 46% of my dives have been night dives in cold water and in comparison to other lights of similar shape and design (non canister type) of my dive buddies, this one wins hands down. To go up from here would be to go to a canister light, even then, some that I have seen there are yellow lights.

I have a link that rates the various lights and tells you all about the different lights but I can't find it, when I do I will post it.

There's a new one?

The links provide only take you to the older 2005 review.

Nonetheless, the UK Light Cannon is a great light. If they've improved it, all the better!

Rookie the yellow lights are the older Halogen lights, while the bluer light is from the newer HID lights. The main drawback on the HID lights is the cost of the bulbs.

CompuDude:
There's a new one?

The links provide only take you to the older 2005 review.

Nonetheless, the UK Light Cannon is a great light. If they've improved it, all the better!

Yeah, for November 2006, UK announced
a new bulb for the LC which offeres 450 lumens
instead of 400 and high impact resistance.

This with a 5 % better burntime.

Progress for ya :D

MasterGoa:
Yeah, for November 2006, UK announced
a new bulb for the LC which offeres 450 lumens
instead of 400 and high impact resistance.

This with a 5 % better burntime.

Progress for ya :D
Cool. :) Not that I'm dissatisfied with my current LCs.

Any idea if the bulbs are available separately to upgrade the older LCs? Not worth it right now, but if I ever manage to bust a bulb, it'd be nice to know I can score an upgrade out of it. :D

Thanks. The link answered alot of my questions. Decisions. Decisions

Back
Top Bottom